How to Transfer Photos / Videos From SJCAM Camera to Android Device
21 November 2016
☀ This is English version of the article Cara Transfer / Simpan Foto / Video dari SJCAM ke HP / Tablet Android Via Wifi
In this article I will teach you how to transfer photos or videos from SJCAM Action Camera into Android device using SJCAM Zone application through wifi connection. This tutorial will work for these models:
- SJ4000 Wifi
- SJ5000, SJ5000X and SJ5000+ with Ambarella Processor
- SJ7 Star
1. Install SJCAM Zone Application
You can install this free application from Google Play Store. In this article I’m using version 4.1.1. Just for note, this application gets a bad ratting in Play Store and frankly it’s quite confusing for the first time user. I myself when the first time tries this application think that this application is broken and can’t be used But fortunately I’m able to figure it out so I want to share it here.
2. Turn Wi-Fi on your Camera
Press the wifi button on your action cam. You can view the SSID (User ID) and password on the camera screen.
3. Connect the Android to the SJCAM Camera
Turn on Wi-Fi on your Android phone or tablet then connect your device to the Camera through wifi (find the SSID as shown in camera screen)
4. Open SJCAM Zone
- Open SJCAM Zone application > press Skip if showing ads.
- Press “+” Sign
- Click Camera > Click at the bottom right screen (Photo Icon)
- You will see photos & videos stored in Camera
- Click Photo / Video Tab
- Press Select > choose photos / videos you want to save in your Android Device.
- Press the Download Icon on the bottom left
- Wait until download finished.
If finished, you can view the downloaded photos / videos directly on SJCAM Zone Application, or you can view it on Gallery or file explorer. It stored on SJCAM/Fun folder in your device memory.
Here’s the video how to transfer photos / videos from SJCAM Action Camera to Android Phone / Tablet: