How to Set Time on Casio SGW-100
14 June 2017
This article is about how to settings Time, Alarm, World Time, etc., on all variant of CASIO Illuminator SGW-100 / SGW-100B Twin Sensor (1A2DR, 2BDR, 3A2DR, 1VDF, 4ADR, 1VEF, etc.).
- Press and HOLD ADJUST button for several seconds until digital on screen start to flash
- Press MODE button to move selection
- Press Lower Right button (Compass) to choose time, world time and others
- Press ADJUST when finish.
- To set Time, press and hold ADJUST button for several seconds until the screen start to flash.
- You will enter World Time settings. Based on where you live, choose the correct city code for your home city.
To select city code, press the lower (Compass) or upper right (Light) button.
- Then we press MODE button, it will enter DST or Daylight Saving Time. If there is no summer time on your country, then you need to set it OFF. Press the lower right button to select on or off.
- We press MODE again, it will enter 12 or 24H mode. To choose, use the lower right button. If in 12-hour mode, at 1 o’clock afternoon, it will show 1 PM. If in 24-hour mode, it will show 13 hour.
- Press mode will enter seconds, press mode again will enter hour settings, press the lower right button to forward the hour or press the upper right button to backward the hour.
- Press MODE, it will enter minute settings. Press upper or lower right button to choose minutes.
Note: While the number flashing, we can press and hold the right button to fast forward time.
- Press MODE again to enter Years setting. Press the right button to choose years.
- Press MODE will enter month setting, press right button to choose month.
- Press MODE will enter date setting. Press right button to choose.
- Press Mode again will enter temperature unit, either Celsius or Fahrenheit. Use lower right button to choose.
- If it’s done, press ADJUST to exit time setting.
From time mode, if we press MODE button one time, we will enter World Time (WT) Mode. To use this feature correctly, It is important you firstly choose the correct city code as in time setting before. To know other time in the world, press the lower right button
- Press the lower right button to start and stop stopwatch.
- Press Adjust to reset.
Timer Mode (TMR)
- To set timer, press and hold ADJUST button until the number flash.
- Use MODE button to move from hour settings to minute setting and vice versa.
- Press the lower right button to set time. If it’s done, press the ADJUST button.
- While the number not flashing, press the lower right button to start the countdown timer.
Setting CASIO SGW-100 Alarm
CASIO SGW-100 have several alarms.
- Press the lower right button to move from Alarm number 1 to others.
- If it’s written SNZ, it means Snooze. Press ADJUST button to turn on or turn it off.
- SIG means SIGNAL. It is a very short ALARM every one hour to indicate hour change. Press the ADJUST button to turn it on or off. If signal is active, it will show Bell icon on the screen.
Set Alarm Time
- For example, let’s try to set Alarm number 2. Press the lower button until it shows AL2.
- To set Alarm time, press and HOLD adjust button for several seconds until the hour time flash.
- Press lower right (compass) button to set hour.
- Press mode to move to minute setting.
- Press lower right button to set minute.
- If it’s done, press the ADJUST button one time
To turn off (or on) alarm, press the ADJUST while the hour or minute not flashing.
To make the button silent (no tone) every time you press it: press and hold MODE button for several seconds until it shows some Strikethrough musical note on the screen. To turn it on again, just press and hold MODE again until the icon dissapear.
If you want to calibrate the compass feature of this watch, read this article: How to calibrate compass on CASIO SGW-100
You can watch our video if you need further explanation:
-how to set time alarm, world time, what is snooze, signal, city code, manual code download pdf casio sgw-100-b-